Table of Contents
Cryptocurrency has gained a lot of popularity in recent times because of its unreal growth and the technology behind it.
Cryptocurrency has all the qualities to replace the traditional financial system, but it needs some regulations. Already, so many institutions are showing interest in Bitcoin and have started investing in it.
But why is cryptocurrency so trending nowadays, and why do some experts think that cryptocurrency is the future of the financial system?
In this blog post, we’ll discuss some of the reasons why cryptocurrency is the future. The difference between cryptocurrency, fiat currency, and CBDC.
What is Cryptocurrency?
A digital currency that operates on decentralized networks powered by blockchain technology, cryptocurrency is a kind of virtual or digital money that uses cryptography for security. Unlike traditional currencies issued by governments and central banks, cryptocurrencies are not controlled by any single entity or authority. Instead, they rely on a distributed ledger called a blockchain to record and verify transactions.
Cryptocurrencies utilize cryptographic techniques to secure transactions, control the creation of new units, and ensure the integrity of the currency.
Bitcoin, created in 2009, was the first cryptocurrency, and since then, numerous other cryptocurrencies, often referred to as altcoins, have been developed, each with its own unique features and use cases.
Cryptocurrencies enable global, peer-to-peer transactions with increased transparency, speed, and potentially lower costs compared to traditional banking systems.
Why Cryptocurrency is the future?
The assertion that cryptocurrency is the future is a viewpoint held by some enthusiasts, experts, and proponents of blockchain technology. However, it’s important to note that the future of cryptocurrency is still uncertain, and there are both optimistic and skeptical perspectives. Here are some reasons why some people believe cryptocurrency could be a significant part of the future:
- Decentralization: Cryptocurrencies operate on decentralized networks, reducing reliance on central authorities such as governments and banks. This decentralization is seen by many as a way to promote financial inclusion and empower individuals.
- Blockchain Technology: The underlying blockchain technology offers transparency, security, and immutability. Beyond cryptocurrencies, blockchain has potential applications in various industries, such as supply chain management, healthcare, and voting systems.
- Global Accessibility: Cryptocurrencies can be accessed and used by anyone with an internet connection, providing financial services to people in regions with limited access to traditional banking.
- Reduced Transaction Costs: Cryptocurrency transactions often have lower fees compared to traditional banking and financial systems, especially for international transfers.
- Inflation Hedge: Some see cryptocurrencies, particularly Bitcoin, as a store of value and a potential hedge against inflation, similar to precious metals like gold.
- Smart Contracts and DApps: Platforms like Ethereum enable the creation of smart contracts and decentralized applications (DApps), which can automate and execute programmable agreements without the need for intermediaries.
- Faster and Borderless Transactions: Cryptocurrency transactions can occur quickly, often within minutes, regardless of geographical boundaries, making them attractive for global transactions. For example, if you want to send 1 lakh to your friend in the US, you have to spend an additional 10,000 approximately for the transaction cost, including fees, but if you opt cryptocurrency for this, you can send instantly with a $0.1 transaction fee.
- Stablecoins: There is always an issue with cryptocurrencies that they are highly volatile, which is not a good characteristic for any currency. To solve this problem, there are many stablecoins available that are backed by traditional currency or assets. Stablecoins have all the qualities of Cryptocurrencies, but their value is not fluctuating, so the price will be stable.
Cryptocurrency vs. fiat currency
|Bitcoin and most of the cryptocurrency are produced and distributed through a process called mining.||Issued and supply-controlled by the central bank|
|The price depends on demand and supply.||The price is fixed.|
|Supply can be fixed or variable.||Supply is unlimited because supply is controlled by the central bank according to inflation and demand.|
|Technology Behind Cryptocurrency: Blockchain||There is no technology, just money printing by a central authority.|
|Cross-border transactions are not difficult.||For cross-border transactions, you need to follow rules and regulations.|
Cryptocurrency vs. CBDC
|Cryptocurrencies are decentralized and unregulated.||They are issued and regulated by the Central Bank, and their value is linked to the issuing country’s official currency.|
|The price is not fixed; it depends on demand and supply.||The price is fixed.|
|Works on blockchain technology.||Similar to fiat currency but available in digital form.|
|Except for Bitcoin, there is a team behind every crypto project.||The Central Bank is behind the CBDC.|
If you are going to invest or trade in cryptocurrency, then do your research properly because cryptocurrency is highly volatile, so if you invest without knowing about a crypto project, you can even lose 100% of your wealth.
Cryptocurrency can solve some important issues that traditional currencies have. However, it’s important to consider challenges and uncertainties such as regulatory issues, price volatility, security concerns, and public perception.
Additionally, the adoption and acceptance of cryptocurrencies by governments, businesses, and the general public will play a crucial role in determining their future impact.
How do I invest in cryptocurrency?
There are so many centralized exchanges, like Binance, Kucoin, Bybit, Mexc, etc., where you can buy cryptocurrency and also you can purchase it through a wallet like TrustWallet or Metamask via decentralized exchanges like Pancake Swap and Uniswap.
Is cryptocurrency legal?
In some countries, it is legal, in others, it is banned, and in some countries, a regulatory framework is awaiting.
What is the best cryptocurrency for the future?
Obviously, Bitcoin is the best, safest, and most secure, but if you are concerned with multiple x profit, then you can go for lower-marketcap cryptocurrencies as compared to Bitcoin, like Polokadot, Chainlink, Solana, etc.
How do I track or find the details of every cryptocurrency?
To find details about any cryptocurrency, you can visit Coinmarketcap, and to track any cryptocurrency, go to its blockchain explorer.
Difference between Bitcoin vs other Cryptocurrency?
There is no team behind the management of Bitcoin supply, but all other currencies are managed by its team.